Here’s a big catch up post. The framer finished the under floor framing the beginning of November. The plumer came and installed all the under floor plumbing. As soon as it passes inspection they will sheet it and start framing walls.
Around the 18th of November the floor had been sheeted and the first walls started going up. Construction moved very quickly after that.
The framer told us that of all the houses he’s built ours had the worst weather. It kind of ended up being the running joke during the framing process. It seemed that when it was sunny the framers were working elsewhere and when they came back to our site the rain would pour and the wind would howl.. LOL! It was Novermber 23rd when it snowed inside our house. How many people on the Oregon Coast can say that?
They were troopers though. David, Jim, and Steven didn’t let the bad weather slow them down. Thanks guys. My family really appreciates your efforts.
Getting the trusses down to the site proved to be a big challenge. For those of you that didn’t already know. We have a challenging road down to our site. Paul, the foundation contractor called it a Witches Castle Driveway and the name has stuck. We did manage though thanks to John Moser from Busy Bee Excavation. John made it happen!! He shuttled the trusses down the driveway on his equipment trailer behind his excavator and set them on the plate. Thanks John.
November 27th. A beautiful day to set trusses. They are all on the plate ready for David and his crew to move them into position.
Code requires the end wall be framed up to the vaulted ceiling. They had to set the end truss and hand frame up to it.
They are getting ready to sheet the roof the same day. The roof sheeting has a foil backing on the inside to reflect heat back down. Our house is either the first or second Energy Star certified house Adair has built. I can’t wait to see how efficient its going to be.
All sheeted and ready for the roofers. Waiting on delivery of the roofing materials.
Two roofers showed up on Saturday December 4th. They hammered out most of the roof. One of them came back Sunday and had it finished up in a few hours. The roof is done.
I’ve been working on the Pump House. I worked Saturday insulating and sheeting most of the walls and the ceiling. Sunday I started mounting the well equipment so I could make a final list of plumbing supplies. We should have running water next weekend. Its a fairly complicated water system. Our water has a PH of 6.5 which is a little acidic. We will treat it and then filter it. On the way to the house it will pass through an Ultraviolet Light tube called a Sanitron that kills bacteria. We had the water tested by the same company that tests the municipal water supply. They didn’t find any bacteria but we wanted to be on the safe side anyway. We’re using Grundfos pumps and controller. My Pump guy says that I should have 70 psi at the house no problem. And if I’m in the shower and somebody flushes I’ll never feel a bump in the pressure. Its a 1 horse, 15 galon a minute, 125 psi pump.
Maryann, Megan, Dean and I spent 2 hours this afternoon picking up the site. The windows have been delivered and the siding subs are supposed to be here Monday. Plumbers, Electricians, and HVAC crews are all scheduled this week. Once the windows are in and the siding is on I can start the dry out process. Adair monitors the moisture content of the house and won’t schedule insulation and sheetrock until its at a certain level. Its work for me drying it out but I’m happy about not having mold when its done.
That about does it. You are all up to date as of December 5th. I have a new iPhone App so I can update the blog easier. I’ll do a better job of documenting this now. Merry Christmas everybody.